Does your sunroof have a chip, star, or crack? Whatever the extent of damage, we can repair it. Our knowledgeable team has been serving the Raleigh area for years, so if your sunroof is shattered we will gladly come to you to fix it in a timely manner.
Types of Sunroofs We Replace & Repair
When you need to repair or replace the glass for your sunroof, you should know what type of sunroof you have for your vehicle. Our auto glass specialists can fix any type of sunroof!
- Top-mounted Sliding Sunroof
- A sunroof that moves along tracks above the roof on the outside of your vehicle. This type of sunroof provides extra headroom.
- Panoramic Sunroof
- This multi-pane roof tilts and slides open further than traditional sunroofs due to the fact that it forms one pane when closed.
- Spoiler Sunroof
- This common sunroof features a tilting-up action that opens the sunroof and slides on a track along the roof of the vehicle
- Solar Sunroof
- This modern sunroof is powered by a solar pv panel that saves power from the vehicle’s battery.
A moonroof lets in light even when closed and it is fully glass.
Moonroof vs Sunroof
Quite simply, a moonroof is a type of sunroof. The term moonroof was first coined in the 1970’s as a way to describe a panel in a vehicle’s roof that is made of glass. In current times, “sunroof” is a common and generic word to describe any panel on the roof of a vehicle that lets in light and air.