Does your sunroof have a chip, star, or crack? Whatever the extent of damage, we can repair it. Our knowledgeable team has been serving the Raleigh area for years, so if your sunroof is shattered we will gladly come to you to fix it in a timely manner.
Types of Sunroofs We Replace & Repair
When you need to repair or replace the glass for your sunroof, you should know what type of sunroof you have for your vehicle. Our auto glass specialists can fix any type of sunroof!
- Top-mounted Sliding Sunroof
- A sunroof that moves along tracks above the roof on the outside of your vehicle. This type of sunroof provides extra headroom.
- Panoramic Sunroof
- This multi-pane roof tilts and slides open further than traditional sunroofs due to the fact that it forms one pane when closed.
- Spoiler Sunroof
- This common sunroof features a tilting-up action that opens the sunroof and slides on a track along the roof of the vehicle
- Solar Sunroof
- This modern sunroof is powered by a solar pv panel that saves power from the vehicle’s battery.
A moonroof lets in light even when closed and it is fully glass.
Moonroof vs Sunroof
Quite simply, a moonroof is a type of sunroof. The term moonroof was first coined in the 1970’s as a way to describe a panel in a vehicle’s roof that is made of glass. In current times, “sunroof” is a common and generic word to describe any panel on the roof of a vehicle that lets in light and air.
Sunroof Replacement and Repair FAQs
Can a sunroof be repaired?
Our glass replacement shop in Raleigh, NC has experienced technicians on site who can repair or replace your sunroof quickly and efficiently. To request a free quote for sunroof repair or replacement, you may fill out this form.
How much does it cost to replace or repair a sunroof?
The cost of repairing or replacing a sunroof varies based on the size of the sunroof and the make of your vehicle. While many auto glass repair shops in Raleigh charge $250-700 or more for sunroof repair services, Glass Solutions proudly offers competitive prices and reliable services. To speak with a member of our auto glass repair team and request a free estimate, give us a call today at 919-772-1007.
Does insurance cover the cost of a broken sunroof?
If you have comprehensive insurance or auto collision insurance, the cost to replace your sunroof may be covered by your insurance company. In general, we advise you check with your insurance company since coverage varies greatly from one plan to the next.