Glass Solutions provides many homeowners and businesses with residential custom glass tabletops and shelves in Raleigh and surrounding areas. Having glass features, whether it’s the table in your kitchen or the shelving in your office, are versatile and can make your space feel modern, eclectic, or elegant.
Custom Glass Tabletops
We offer custom glass tabletops to fit your needs, including the shape, size, and finished edging of the glass. Glass tabletops are practical and easy to maintain. If you want to add a glass table cover it can help protect your existing furniture. Over time, wood furniture can fade, chip, or become damaged from water. Having a glass table cover is unobtrusive, and it can preserve your furniture while adding a touch of class.
Ideas for Glass Tabletops:
- Dining room table
- Bar top
- Office Desk
- Coffee table
- Conference room table
What Kind of Glass Do I Need For My Table?
When considering a new glass table top we are often asked if there is a specific “type” of glass that is preferred. The answer is: it depends. When doing glass table top replacement, you have to consider:
- The type of furniture you’re using the glass table top with
- How big the glass will need to be
- The shape of the glass
- The level of thickness of the glass
- The type of glass you’d like to use
- The color of the glass (ex: clear, frosted, tinted)
Glass Table Top Shape Ideas
The shape of your replacement glass can vary. Some of the more popular selections that we see include:
- Irregular/Other Shape
Glass Thickness of Tabletop
As mentioned earlier, glass thickness is one of the more important factors that you’ll want to consider once you know how your replacement glass will be used. Below are some of the popular measurements for glass thickness.
- 3/16″ – appropriate for: patio tables, small tables & as glass table covers
- 1/4″ – appropriate for: glass tabletops & glass table covers
- 3/8″ -appropriate for: heavy, unsupported table tops where the glass is the only table top
- 1/2″ -appropriate for: heavy, unsupported table tops where the glass is the only table top. **This is the strongest, thickness available, ideal for more load-bearing surfaces
Custom Glass Shelving
Glass shelving is functional, easy to maintain, and creates a modern feel to any room. Whether you need a solution for organizing or you just want to create an impressive look, glass shelving works for both your home and business. We cut all our glass on site so we can customize your piece of glass to meet your requirements.
Glass Shelve Ideas
- Cabinet shelves
- Bathroom shelves
- Wall shelves
- Kitchen shelves
- Retail shelves
- Display shelves