When you notice a chip on your windshield, it’s important to get it fixed as soon as possible. Ignoring it will only make the damage grow. When you call Glass Solutions, our mobile team of auto glass specialists will come to you to repair your windshield.
Our experienced team has over 100 years of combined experience and is dedicated to providing excellent service, unbeatable results, and competitive prices. Reach out to us today at 919-772-1007 or fill out the form below to get started. We serve Garner, Durham, Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Wake Forest, and surrounding areas.
Choosing Windshield Replacement or Repair
It can sometimes be difficult to determine whether your windshield can be repaired or whether you need windshield replacement to ensure the structural integrity of the glass. Many of our customers are surprised at the extent we can repair damage to auto glass.
When it comes to windshield repair, these are the guidelines we typically adhere to as we determine if your windshield can be repaired or needs to be replaced.
- If your windshield has a recent chip that is smaller than ½” in diameter or a single crack that is three inches long or less, we can fix it.
- Size, lifespan, and location will determine the best option
For example, a small, new chip in the center of the windshield is easily fixed. A long crack on the edge of the windshield that can quickly spread or affect visibility would require replacement.
How We Repair Your Windshield
Windshield repairs are designed for minor chips and cracks in your windshield. With chips, the rough edges are smoothed, loose slivers are cleaned out, and all air is removed from the void. Then, a clear resin is placed into the crack or chip to bond the glass and ensure a strong, durable repair that will last for the duration of your windshield. Once it cures, it will not only stop any damage from spreading but will minimize the appearance of the crack or chip.
Should You Choose a DIY Windshield Repair Kit?
The short answer is no. While inexpensive DIY windshield repair kits may be tempting, they can’t provide the precise finish necessary for long-lasting repair. The job is not as easy as it looks! If there are any slivers of glass left or air between the void and the resin, additional cracks can form. With DIY kids, you don’t know how good of a quality the resin is so you don’t know how strong the bond will be. When you need windshield repair in Garner, leave it to the professionals at Glass Solutions.
The Benefits of Windshield Repair
When it comes to windshield repair, there are many benefits including:
- Ensures structural integrity. The faster you get a chip or crack repaired, the better it is for your windshield. A repair strengthens the surrounding glass with a powerful resin.
- Peace of mind. If you get a chip or a crack, it may not be a problem for weeks or even months, but it can quickly spread and is more likely to shatter. This can be dangerous in the event of a collision.
- Significantly less expensive. In most cases, repairs can be completed for between $75 and $200. Replacement cost much more, starting at $200 and ranging as much as $1,000. Price typically depends on the make, model, and year of your vehicle.
- Quick Service. Our team can quickly repair a damaged windshield and have you back out on the road.