Windshield Repair Services in Cary
When you notice a chip on your windshield, it’s a good idea to have it repaired as soon as possible. Ignoring it could make the damage grow. But you don’t have to get the whole windshield replaced for a small chip when you come to Glass Solutions. We have a team of mobile auto glass specialists who will come to you to repair your windshield.
The Glass Solutions team has more than 100 years of combined experience and is committed to providing you with excellent service with unbeatable results and competitive prices. We serve Cary as well as Raleigh, Durham, Garner, Apex, Wake Forest, and surrounding areas.
Do I Need My Windshield Repaired or Replaced?
When you notice a crack or chip in your windshield, call the experts at Glass Solutions. We will assess your damage and recommend whether you can repair the windshield or if windshield replacement is the only option to maintain the structural integrity of the glass. Many times, we can easily repair auto glass.
If your windshield has a recent chip that is smaller than ½” in diameter or a single crack that is three inches long or less, we can fix it. When it comes to windshield repair, we look at:
- The size of the chip or crack
A small, new chip in the center of the windshield is easily fixed, but a long crack on the edge of the windshield that can quickly spread or affect visibility would mean the glass should be replaced.
The Windshield Repair Process
Windshield repair is designed for minor chips and cracks in your windshield. It’s considered a permanent repair, not a temporary fix. Our process includes several easy steps:
- If you have a chip, the rough edges are smoothed, loose slivers are cleaned out, and all of the air is removed from the void.
- A clear resin is placed into the crack or chip to bond the glass. This ensures a durable repair.
- After it cures, it will prevent any damage from spreading and minimize the appearance of the crack or chip.
This is an easy and quick process that takes care of your windshield for years to come. You may be tempted to purchase a DIY Windshield Repair Kit but repairing a windshield isn’t as easy as it looks. If there are any slivers of glass left or air remaining between the void and the resin, more cracks can form. It’s best to save the windshield repairs for the professionals at Glass Solutions.
The Benefits of Windshield Repair
Not sure if you should replace or repair your windshield? Consider these benefits:
- Ensures structural integrity: When you get a windshield chip or crack repaired it is meant to last and will strengthen the surrounding glass with a powerful resin. The faster you get a chip or crack repaired, the better it is for your windshield.
- Peace of mind: Repairing your windshield will give you peace of mind that your glass won’t shatter.
- Less expensive: Repairing your windshield glass is less expensive than replacing it. Price typically depends on the make, model, and year of your vehicle.
- Fast: Our experienced team can quickly repair a damaged windshield and have you back out on the road quickly.