Windshield Repair Services in Cary
When you notice a chip on your windshield, it’s a good idea to have it repaired as soon as possible. Ignoring it could make the damage grow. But you don’t have to get the whole windshield replaced for a small chip when you come to Glass Solutions. We have a team of mobile auto glass specialists who will come to you to repair your windshield.
The Glass Solutions team has more than 100 years of combined experience and is committed to providing you with excellent service with unbeatable results and competitive prices. We serve Cary as well as Raleigh, Durham, Garner, Apex, Wake Forest, and surrounding areas.
Do I Need My Windshield Repaired or Replaced?
When you notice a crack or chip in your windshield, call the experts at Glass Solutions. We will assess your damage and recommend whether you can repair the windshield or if windshield replacement is the only option to maintain the structural integrity of the glass. Many times, we can easily repair auto glass.
If your windshield has a recent chip that is smaller than ½” in diameter or a single crack that is three inches long or less, we can fix it. When it comes to windshield repair, we look at:
- The size of the chip or crack
A small, new chip in the center of the windshield is easily fixed, but a long crack on the edge of the windshield that can quickly spread or affect visibility would mean the glass should be replaced.
The Windshield Repair Process
Windshield repair is designed for minor chips and cracks in your windshield. It’s considered a permanent repair, not a temporary fix. Our process includes several easy steps:
- If you have a chip, the rough edges are smoothed, loose slivers are cleaned out, and all of the air is removed from the void.
- A clear resin is placed into the crack or chip to bond the glass. This ensures a durable repair.
- After it cures, it will prevent any damage from spreading and minimize the appearance of the crack or chip.
This is an easy and quick process that takes care of your windshield for years to come. You may be tempted to purchase a DIY Windshield Repair Kit but repairing a windshield isn’t as easy as it looks. If there are any slivers of glass left or air remaining between the void and the resin, more cracks can form. It’s best to save the windshield repairs for the professionals at Glass Solutions.
The Benefits of Windshield Repair
Not sure if you should replace or repair your windshield? Consider these benefits:
- Ensures structural integrity: When you get a windshield chip or crack repaired it is meant to last and will strengthen the surrounding glass with a powerful resin. The faster you get a chip or crack repaired, the better it is for your windshield.
- Peace of mind: Repairing your windshield will give you peace of mind that your glass won’t shatter.
- Less expensive: Repairing your windshield glass is less expensive than replacing it. Price typically depends on the make, model, and year of your vehicle.
- Fast: Our experienced team can quickly repair a damaged windshield and have you back out on the road quickly.
Windshield Repair FAQ
Can you fix a cracked windshield without replacing the entire windshield?
Yes, our Cary, NC auto glass repair professionals are able to fix a cracked or chipped windshield without replacing the entire windshield. However, it’s important to note that a cracked windshield may need to be replaced in its entirety if the damage is widespread or if the chip/crack penetrates beyond the top layer of glass. To get an opinion from a member of our auto glass repair team and determine whether your windshield can be repair or needs replacing, you may call us at 919-772-1007.
Do windshield repair kits work?
A windshield repair kit is a short-term solution for a chipped or cracked windshield that will get you back on the road until you can get to a trusted auto glass repair shop. Repairing your windshield with a kit will stop the crack from spreading, but it won’t cover up or fix the damage. Thus, it’s important to have your windshield repaired by a trusted Cary auto glass professional who provides reliable windshield repair services.
How much does it cost to repair a broken windshield?
The cost to repair a broken windshield varies based on the damage, your vehicle’s make/model, and the type of windshield replacement service you request. However, the average cost many auto glass shops charge ranges from$250-400.
However, our auto glass repair shop charges $150 for mobile windshield replacement or $95 in-store windshield repair which is healthy discount from the average charge. You may fill out out our form to request a custom price quote.
How long do I have to wait to drive my car after having the windshield repaired?
In order to ensure your windshield is properly set, we advise you to wait one hour before driving.
What can I do to keep my windshield strong and resiliant to breaking?
The following tips will help with windshield repair aftercare:
- Avoid car washes and heavy water pressure for 48 hours after your windshield is repaired.
- Vent a window in your car to decrease the air pressure in your car. This is a great tip to practice for 24-hours after your windshield is repaired.
- Do not remove the retention tape for at least 48 hours.
- Close your car door gently to avoid putting excess stress on your windshield.
- Avoid driving on gravel roads and driveways as loose stones may get stirred up and penetrate your windshield.
How long does it take to have a windshield repaired?
Depending on the extent of your windshield’s damage, your auto glass repair technician may take just 10 minutes or 1 hour to repair your windshield. However, there are several factors that contribute to the time it takes to repair a windshield, including the outside temperature and the steps taken to prepare your windshield for repair.