Many times, we don’t realize the importance of having quality windows in our homes. Windows can protect your home and belongings from harsh weather and theft. They can also give you privacy and improve the overall look of your home.
Windows these days are built to last, but over time, you may need to replace or repair them due to changing seasons and temperature fluctuations. When this happens, you can count on Glass Solutions.
As a locally owned and operated company, we are your window repair and replacement experts in Garner. We offer FREE estimates on our competitively priced window services.
Home Window Repair Services
At Glass Solutions, we offer a wide variety of repair services on many different types of windows in Garner. These include:
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) Glass Windows
- Double-pane windows with sliding blinds
- Decorative glass with matching sidelights
- An all-weather glass that meets or exceeds regulations
- Energy-efficient glass
- Hurricane-rated laminated glass
- Insulated Glass Repair
- And More!
We currently offer home window repair in Garner, NC, and throughout the Triangle including Durham, Cary, Wake Forest, Apex, and surrounding areas. If you’re not sure if your window needs to be replaced or just repaired, one of our experts can conduct an on-site consultation to give you our professional opinion.
Should You Repair Your Window or Replace It?
If you’re not sure what type of service you need, consider this:
Replace Your Windows If…
- You are making upgrades to your home and want to change the look.
- Your window is broken.
- Your windows are a single pane.
- You consistently see condensation between your windowpanes.
- You can easily hear outside noises through your closed windows.
Read more about the Residential Glass Services we offer.
Benefits of Home Window Repair
Many times, windows don’t need to be replaced. They can be repaired which can save you money as well as provide these other benefits:
- Increased energy efficiency resulting in lower energy bills
- Less air escaping in or out of windows (improves air circulation and comfort within the home)
- Allows you to preserve historic home features (rare windows in historic homes)
Do I have to replace the entire window?
This depends on how old the window is and its lifespan. If the window is at the end of its lifespan, it would be better to replace it. Also, if the seal is not effective and is causing the window to continually fog, you may want to replace it. Defogging service is a temporary solution, and eventually, you will change the window. In addition, if the dividers of the window are broken, it would be a better idea to replace the glass and the entire window.
What is the life span of a home window?
The life expectancy of a window is between 15 to 30 years depending on its quality.
What is the cost of replacing a window?
The cost varies based on the size, type and quality of the window. To get an accurate price, please give us a call at 919-772-1007.
What time of the year is best to replace your home windows?
Ideally, the best time to replace your windows is either in the spring or summer.
Can house windows be repaired?
In some cases, windows can be repaired, but it depends on the extent of the damage and how old the window is.