Windshield Replacement in Wake Forest, NC
We come to you to replace your windshield!
If you have a damaged windshield getting it replaced right away is important. Your windshield is one of the hardest working parts of your vehicle. It protects you from roadway debris, weather, and vehicle emissions, and it also provides structural integrity and reinforcement to your vehicle’s cabin in the event of an accident.
Our windshield replacement experts in Wake Forest, NC can get your new windshield installed in no time. Best of all, we can travel to you!
Why Replace Your Windshield?
If you experience significant damage to your vehicle’s windshield, you should never wait to replace it. Doing so may put you, your passengers, and other people on the road in danger. Additionally, small nicks from rocks or debris can quickly turn your normally safe vehicle into one that is now dangerous to drive.
What may appear to be a tiny and insignificant chip can quickly turn into an unstable environment for your windshield. Ignoring the little crack in your windshield can lead to the possibility of larger cracks and fissures– or even more seriously, the possibility of your windshield shattering without warning.
Windshield Replacement Vs. Windshield Repair?
Whether or not your cracked windshield should be replaced or repaired should be determined by a certified professional. Some tiny scratches and slight cracks may be candidates for a windshield repair if the glass has never received damage before. An expert auto glass technician will determine whether a repair is sufficient enough to get your vehicle back to operating safely.
A full windshield replacement is necessary for circumstances such as:
- Spiderweb cracks or a crack longer than three inches
- Multiple chips and pits in the glass
- A single chip larger than 1/2″ in diameter
- A chip or crack that is growing in size or spreading
- A chip or crack that affects visibility
- shattering caused by extreme temperature changes, accidents, destructive debris, or the result of an untreated or ignored crack
Replace Your Windshield & Stay Safer on the Roads!
If you ever find yourself debating whether or not to consult with an automotive glass professional about replacing or repairing your windshield, consider the fact that most modern-day windshields are also part of your vehicle’s safety restraint system (SRS). This means that other safety features of your vehicle, like airbags or seatbelts, may fail, because if one of these components becomes damaged, it could lessen the effectiveness of the others.
In other words, your windshield is an integral part of the entire protection and safe functioning of your vehicle. As part of the structural integrity of your vehicle, your windshield prevents your roof from crushing you in the event of a vehicle rollover. Your windshield also allows your airbags to properly deploy– a feature that along with your windshield can protect you and your passengers from being ejected during a serious road collision.
Windshield Replacement Services Offered in Wake Forest
Glass Solutions offers some of the best window replacement services in Wake Forest from certified technicians who are skilled in auto glass repair. Currently, we offer professional windshield replacement for:
- Cars, Trucks, SUVs
- Commercial Vehicles
Due to the potential risks of not getting your cracked or chipped windshield replaced quickly, it’s possible to overlook some of the details to ensure it’s replaced correctly. Glass Solutions will make the entire process easy for you when we come to look at your vehicle, but it is important to look for the following things when getting your windshield repaired:
- Insurance coverage: look into what your vehicle’s insurance policy covers and for what specific damages or events is the vehicle covered. If you have a comprehensive insurance policy, window replacements caused by accidents are likely to be covered, but if there is any damage to your windshield you should inquire with your insurance company directly about what services are covered.
- Type of glass: you will want the type of glass used to replace your windshield to be in line with the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEM) stipulations. If OEM glass is not available because they do not make whatever windshield type your car originally came with, then Aftermarket Glass can be used. Aftermarket glass is manufactured windshield glass that complies with the original car dealer’s specifications but is not considered to be original (OEM) equipment for the car.
How Long Will it Take to Replace My Windshield?
Most windshield replacements take about an hour to complete. As long as you’ve gone through the process of insurance and cost, and our technicians have located an appropriate OEM or aftermarket glass replacement for your vehicle.
Once replacement installation begins, our skilled team will:
- Carefully inspect the damage
- Completely remove your old, damaged windshield
- Clean up any debris in and around your vehicle
- Use only the most advanced primers and adhesives
- Test the windshield and walk you through the next steps
We are able to replace windshields in most makes and models of cars, trucks, SUVs, commercial vehicles, and boats.
North Carolina Car Dealerships We Work With:
- Johnson Lexus of Raleigh
- Johnson Lexus of Durham
- Hendrick Chevrolet
- Hendrick Dodge
- Hendrick Kia
- Toyota of Apex
- Johnson Subaru of Cary
- Johnson Hyundai
- Crossroads Ford
- Land Rover of Raleigh
- Land Rover of Cary
- Johnson Maserati
- Hendrick Buick GMC Cadillac
- Leith Porsche
- Capital Chevrolet
- Audi of Cary
- Universal Chevrolet
How Long After My Windshield is Replaced Can I Drive?
Typically, windshield replacements have been known to take anywhere from 60 minutes to 2 hours to replace start-to-finish. To avoid safety risks, it is recommended that you wait at least one full hour after the service is completed before you drive.
How Much Will it Cost to Replace My Windshield?
Because each situation varies, it is impossible to predict the cost of a windshield replacement. Glass Solutions provides the most convenient, cost-effective prices in Raleigh and surrounding areas. We would love to answer any glass-related questions and take pride in educating our customers to the best of our ability.
How Long Do You Have to Wait to Wash Your Car After Getting Your Windshield Replaced?
It is recommended that you wait at least 24 hours after getting your windshield replaced or repair before washing your car. Although every situation is different, there have been cases where power washing has ruined the seal of newly-replaced or repaired windshields.