Windshield Repair Services in Durham
When you notice a chip on your windshield, it’s important to get it repaired as soon as possible so that the damage doesn’t grow and cause bigger problems. With windshield repair from Glass Solutions, it’s not necessary to replace the entire windshield for a small chip. Our team of auto glass specialists is ready to come out to your Durham location and repair your windshield.
The Glass Solutions team has more than 100 years of combined experience and is committed to providing you excellent service with unbeatable results and competitive prices. We serve Durham as well as Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Apex, Wake Forest, and surrounding areas.
Do I Need My Windshield Repaired or Replaced?
It can sometimes be difficult to determine whether you need to have your windshield replaced or repaired. When you notice a crack or chip in your windshield, call the experts at Glass Solutions. We have the experience to assess your damage and recommend whether you need to replace your windshield or whether it can be repaired. We will recommend what is necessary to maintain the structural integrity of the glass.
If your windshield has a recent chip that is smaller than ½” in diameter or a single crack that is three inches long or less, we can fix it. When it comes to windshield repair, we look at:
- The size of the chip or crack
A small, new chip in the center of the windshield is easily fixed, but a long crack on the edge of the windshield that can quickly spread or affect visibility would mean the glass should be replaced.
The Windshield Repair Process at Glass Solutions
Windshield repair is considered a permanent solution, not a temporary fix. It is designed for minor chips and cracks in your windshield. Our process includes several easy steps:
- If you have a chip, the rough edges are smoothed, loose slivers are cleaned out, and all of the air is removed from the void.
- A clear resin is placed into the crack or chip to bond the glass to ensure a durable repair.
- After it cures, it will prevent any damage from spreading and minimize the appearance of the crack or chip.
This is an easy and quick process that takes care of your windshield for years to come. While you may be tempted to purchase a DIY Windshield Repair Kit, repairing a windshield isn’t as easy as you may think. If there are any slivers of glass left or air remaining between the void and the resin, more cracks can form. When you have a windshield or sunroof that needs repairs, it’s best to call the professionals at Glass Solutions.
The Benefits of Windshield Repair
When you decide to call Glass Solutions to repair your windshield, you’re getting these benefits:
- Structural integrity: When you get a windshield chip or crack repaired it is meant to last and will strengthen the surrounding glass with a powerful resin. Getting your windshield fixed as quickly as possible is the best idea.
- Peace of mind: Repairing your windshield will give you peace of mind that your glass won’t shatter.
- Significantly less expensive:The price of repairing your windshield typically depends on the make, model, and year of your vehicle. Repairing your windshield glass is significantly less expensive than replacing it. In most cases, repairs can be completed for between $75 and $200. Replacements start at $200 and can be as expensive as $1,000.
- Fast: Our experienced team can quickly repair a damaged windshield and have you back out on the road in no time.